Ready to go home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ready to go home

Post by TwistedFocus on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Eyes like emeralds and skin as delicate as porcelain. I smile from the dark of the alley, calloused body pressed tight against the wet gritty pavement as the sky cries over the city. The stars hidden by the dark unyeilding storm clouds. My breaths are uneven, getting air into my sore lungs nearly impossible. Was it worth it? "Yes." Another shaky breath manages its way from my split lips, as my mind wanders, trying to make sense of the murky abyss that was presented to it. Why the cruelty? I snicker and laugh softly, wet shirt sticking to my goosebump covered chest. "It is easier to forget about an asshole." I explain to myself, eyes glazed over from exhaustion. Slowly my fingers grip into the wet bricks making up the building next to me. What now? My eyes close and I get up, walking out of the alley and down the dark street. "I return to being on my own." My hand slowly slips into my wet denim pocket. Don't you miss it? I slow down, looking up at the street light hesitating as I stare at the soft yellow lamp. "You could fill a graveyard with the corpses of people I once knew who molted into completely different things." I answer back in a toxic tone gritting my teeth. "But I don't let the dead run my life." I begin to move again, tired body ready to go home.
TwistedFocus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready to go home

Post by TwistedFocus on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:01 pm

My wet body curls up on the couch, my soaked garments hung over chairs in the dinning room. I let out a slow breath, eyes scanning across the plastered room through the dark. The dirt under my fingers inching to be scratched out, my entire body gritty. How long had I been laying there unable to sleep I will never know. An hour, maybe four. My grey matter fires soft and slow, my conscious wandering. My body has dried off but the grit is now a thick coating of sand and dust. I lick my lips, a mix of salty sweat and semi sweet saline. The sound of feet hitting the floor bounces across the white walls as I get up, grabbing the thick glass bottle of rum before I head to the bathroom. I flick on the hot water and drop down on my ass, back against the shower wall. Shot after shot of rum is guzzled down, water running down my body as the nearly scalding spray hits a mixture of my torso and head. With the bottle now empty, I grip the edge of the stall tossing the glass across the room into the dirty laundry hamper.
TwistedFocus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top